In today’s world, people are engulfed with various health issues owing to which their mental and physical state always remain in jeopardy. Such situation may also lead to the situation where individuals prefer to take advice from medical specialists so that they can find the permanent solution to challenges which are being faced by them. Among these challenges one of the most is related to teeth cleaning and straightness since it without their maintenance and safety for long it is not possible to enjoy blessings of Almighty Allah. Various dentists have proposed ways to clean braces in this regard which have practical utility for all depending upon complexity and challenges which are being faced by them and vice versa. Best ways to clean braces can be summed up in the following manner:
- It is inevitable to keep devices on teeth when the issue of braces makes its way, therefore, dentists recommend to use a toothbrush that is conducive to the individual. It is strongly recommended to buy brushes supplemented with braces specific proxa brush between spaces and follow some guidelines like ensuring brush with soft bristles on recurring basis, it must also be kept in mind that size of brush and shape are suitable for one’s mouth as same can ensure access to all area of mouth for cleaning purposes. It is also recommended to purchase proxa brush since it enables cleaning among braces in an effective manner and apart from that, in particular, replace brush after a certain time period which must not be more than two to three months.
- It is also advisable to clean brush with water on the regular basis before placing a dollop of toothpaste over it. Such process will prove helpful in substantial and perfect cleaning which is related to braces, oral cavity and in particular one’s teeth. Fluoride toothpaste like English toothpaste and doctors toothpaste is highly advised in this regard. These not only help in providing strength to teeth but also abolish plaque which is capable enough to surround braces and same occurs only owing to unorganized brushing for teeth. Since braces are capable enough to make one’s teeth sensitive so in view of it, use of formulated fluoride toothpaste is strongly recommended.
- Brushing of teeth must be done in an organized manner instead of initiating in an odd manner since same may lead to harm for gums and another sensitive area of teeth. Preference level must be there so as to ensure that each and every part is covered under brushing process and during such process areas of the tongue and upper portion of mouth must not be overlooked. Dentists strongly advise holding the brush at 45-degree angle with slight pressure so that both teeth and gum may remain intact with it. From external to the internal portion of mouth process of cleaning of teeth must be followed. Front teeth must be brushed under the vertical angle and due care must be there towards spaces between braces. Apart from those entire activities, one must also target chewing surface, tongue and such process may be repeated several times. With braces there always remains probability for slight bleeding, therefore, is ready for it in advance.
- Use of proxa brush is also recommended along with regular brush since it enables smooth cleaning of brackets at some level and also simple brush does not fulfill cleaning needs of teeth. Dentists strongly recommend masses to use two teeth at once while brushing and upper area of wire must be targeted before starting cleaning and thereafter lower and vice versa.
- During the process of brushing always focus flossing since it helps in excluding mud or other dirty particles which remain hidden in internal areas of teeth. In view of it, dentists advise that thumbs and fingers can also be used and use of floss must be in accordance with the directions of dentist instead of following the same under one’s own perception.
- Mouth washing activity requires long care, therefore, it must be kept into mind mud or other bacterial particles in the mouth must be cleaned at maximum level and apart from that use of antiseptic also proves practically viable. Alcohol must be avoided for cleaning of mouth since it may harm lungs and other internal body parts which are primarily responsible for breathing mechanism of an individual.
- Use of painkiller is also highly recommended in view of cleaning of braces since mouth cleaning process and removal of mud and other germs from inner of teeth is hectic and painful activity, therefore, painkillers like naproxen sodium and acetaminophen must be opted but not without consultation of orthodontist since little carelessness may lead to sensitive issue at later stage.
- Brushing and flossing of teeth must be followed on the regular basis since these are inevitable for the safety of teeth and gums of an individual. Apart from that dentists also prefer to intake healthy diets like proteins, fruits and vegetables and other nutritional products. Products like soft drinks, wine, sweet and candies must be given least preference. Various foods are strictly prohibited by dentists like caramel, chewing gum and popcorns since these can badly affect one’s teeth and braces.
- Among many things on general basis dentists also advise avoiding certain things like grinding of teeth as same leads to decay in teeth, opening of bottles through teeth and in particular biting of nails since it contains germs of toxic nature.
- Apart from all aspects which have been inked so far, it is highly recommended to consult dentists frequently and at least twice in a year, such habit must be there since it will help in identification of issues on early basis and also enable the dentist to diagnose and recommend solutions to issues under consideration.
Teeth are among sensitive parts of human body and same require continuous care and consultation because sluggish and non-cooperative attitude ultimately leads to not only severe issues but also disqualify individuals from enjoying blessings of Allah. Without proper checkup and advice of dentist on self-basis, things must not be assumed and also usage without recommendations of dentists like painkillers and other instruments must be avoided. With certain care and common sense not only the health of teeth can be maintained but also cost of maintenance and medical treatment can be controlled at substantial levels.